More code cleanup

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sun Feb 9 14:44:05 UTC 2014

Thanks for all the patches!

a few quick comments...

(1) look at our CodingStyle document

- in a C++ constructor initialization list, the colon is on the same  line and
  continuation lines are aligned as the rule above:

        ClassName::ClassName() : x(1), y(2),
                                 z(3)
        {
        }

You do Qt style with the colon and comma moved into the next line which
I find rather unfortunate... I fixed that in several commits

(2) some of the changes are obviously useful, others would really
benefit from more explanations (for example in the "DiveListView tiny
cleanup" " * Change 'searchBox' member type from 'QLineEdit *' to
'QLineEdit'"... why is that a good thing? Avoids a memory leak?

(3) watch your line length in commit messages

Tomaz, can you please go through the commits that were pushed and make
sure there aren't any unintended side effects? The changes made sense to
me and the chosen initializer values seemed reasonable (Boris had a
couple of questionmarks there in the commit messages).

Anyway. Pushed. And thanks :-)

?D