More code cleanup

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sun Feb 9 16:20:33 UTC 2014

On Mon, 2014-02-10 at 00:30 +0100, Boris Barbulovski wrote:

> (1)
>
>   I will read thru the CodingStyle.

Thanks

> (2)
>   QLineEdit * -> QLineEdit change is for performance reasons(not that
> will have any performance boost, I believe it's a good practice).
>
>   pros:
>
>   * There is one less dynamic allocation/deallocation if you use
> object variable member instead of pointer(to object) variable member.
>
>   * Member data are inline.
>
>   * Heap memory is less fragmented.
>
>   * Automatic object destruction(you don't need to set parent())
>
>   cons:
>
>   none(afaik)
>
>   limitations:
>
>   Life-cycle of the member variable is the same as the object having
> it.
>

>   and possibly others that I can't think of.

OK. Makes sense.

I will keep this in mind as I see future patches from you.

> (3)
>
>   I will.
>

> I hope the explanation is understandable, if not, we can drop the
> patches that are not clear(not worth generating discussion for such
> insignificant changes)

I have taken them all, made some formatting changes and pushed them.

> I have another set of patches, in which one of them is fixed memory
> leak I made in this series.

Good

> ps. Sorry that patches are not in right format(yet), I improve in the
> future.

That's ok, that's why I'm providing feedback. We have contributors with
hundreds of patches that still frequently have issues (ok, that's ONE
contributor... snicker...)