Donwloading from suunto zoop

Jef Driesen jef at libdivecomputer.org
Tue Feb 11 06:07:17 UTC 2014

On 2014-02-11 14:32, Erick Mezzoni wrote:
> El 11/02/2014 05:32, "Jef Driesen" <jef at libdivecomputer.org> escribió:
>> On 2014-02-10 17:47, Erick Mezzoni wrote:
>>
>>> I was using subsurface perfectly but since yesterday I´m having this
>>> problem. When I plug the zoop to the interface and press donwload in
>>> the
>>> software the process start but its´n show anything in subsurface.
>>>

>> According to the logfile, the download was successful. Normally you
>> should
>> see an error message if there is some error. So I suspect there is
>> something else wrong.
>>
>> Are you aware of the fact that if you enable the "libdivecomputer
>> memory
>> dump" option, no dives will be imported? This option is only needed
>> for
>> diagnostic purposes and should remain disabled for downloading dives.
>
> Thanks jef. Actually I've never click the dump check I just did it to
> send
> the attach how its said in the user manual. But I was trying in
> differents
> Pcs and it isnt show the dives.
> What else can I do. If you said that the download was succesfull I dont
> know what else to do.

In that case, it must be something else. At first sight, I don't see
anything wrong with your data. There appears to be 83 dives inside. I
suspect the download is successful, but for some reason the dives don't
get imported. Possible reasons are:

You already have a dive in your logbook with a timestamp that is more
recent than the most recent dive in the zoop. In that case subsurface
will assume it already has all dives and abort the download. There is an
option to force downloading all dives that may help.

If there is an error parsing one or more dives, they will not be
imported by subsurface. I think this is unlikely because I didn't notice
any parsing problems with your data, but you never know. (Data
corruption during a download is not impossible, although in theory that
should be detected with the checksums.)

Can you try to download again but with the "libdivecomputer logfile"
option enabled. Afterwards, send me this logfile. Then I can see exactly
what happened during the download.

Jef