Any CCR divers on this list?

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Wed Feb 12 04:51:43 UTC 2014

\
> >         Here's my concern: this is a rather esoteric topic, once
> >         filled with
> >         subtleties and oddities. The likelihood of a student who has
> >         no idea of
> >         and no interest in CCR diving getting this right is in my
> >         mind 0.
> >
> >         Sure, we can remove this requirement, but then the mentor
> >         has to be a
> >         CCR diver - I cannot mentor the student since I have no idea
> >         about CCR
> >         diving and am frankly actively freaked out by it.
> >

> > I understand.
> >

> > If it's ok with you I can be the mentor for this task.
> >
> I would be willing to be a student in this task. I am a programmer,
> but not a
> CCR diver.

There are a few more steps before we can think about that... first and
foremost, Subsurface needs to be chosen as GSoP project - we'll know in
a few weeks.

In the meantime please start looking at our code base, our ideas about
coding style, and ideally start contributing so we can get an idea if
you would be a good fit for this project.

Thanks for your interest!