Deco Terminology - call for discussion

Joe Ross joe at joescuba.com
Wed Feb 12 10:44:18 UTC 2014

I don't know if it's my place to weigh in here, but as of 2014, PADI is using the terminology "no stop" dives, since all dives are, in fact, decompression dives. If it needs to be changed at all, I feel this is better terminology than, "minimal decompression" because minimal is a subjective term, and no agency uses that language.

That said, NDL and "no decompression" are terms that have been widely used for many decades, and their meaning is widely understood.

BTW, thank you so much for all the hard work on Subsurface! It is, by far, the best dive logging program available, and getting better every day.

- Joe

Sent from my iPad