Deco Terminology - call for discussion

Pablo Wolter pwolter at gmail.com
Wed Feb 12 10:52:01 UTC 2014

I think we should follow the industry accepted terminology.

The NDL is very clear as to what is your NO Decompression Obligation limit.
Very different from the normal ascent rate + safety stop. This last one can
be very well omitted and you will be fine. In the other hand, if you pass
your NDL and you have a decompression obligation (deco-stop) yo *cannot*
omit it without risking to suffer a DCI.

That is the purpose of putting the obscurity in the deco-stop; so people
will pay attention to it and will know that if you run into it, better be
prepared and have the right equipment, training, gas supply, etc. to be out
of it safely.

*Saludos,*

*Pablo Wolterpwolter at gmail.com <pwolter at gmail.com>*