SAC terminology

Willem Ferguson fergusonwillem at gmail.com
Thu Feb 13 06:58:02 UTC 2014

I am doing a technical qualification with IANTD and they use SAC as the
rate of decrease per minute in the pressure in the gas cylinder
(units=bar/minute). Then I went back to some of my TDI and NAUI notes
and came across the same definition. This use of SAC would remove the
interchangeability that is often encountered between SAC and RMV, with
RMV indicating the gas consumption in volume/minute (e.g.
liters/minute). Is this something worth worrying about for the SAC rate
given on the dive info panel?
Kind regards,
Willemf