Add main menu recent files

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Thu Feb 13 22:15:42 UTC 2014

On Thu, 2014-02-13 at 22:48 +0100, Boris Barbulovski wrote:

> This patch adds recent files list into main menu.

My guess is that outside of the developers most people only ever use one
file, their default file. But especially for people who maintain a
divelog for two people this might be really useful.
I"m not sure I'm in love with the way this is done (in the File Menu)
and in a way it seems a bit confusing together with the default file,
but I'll let others play with it and speak up.

> It adds upto four filenames to the File menu.

That sounds reasonable.

> Originally I intended to show tooltip of absolute pathname on menu
> item mouse hover, but failed to do so(room for future improvements).

Speaking of future improvement. What happened to your indentation
settings? Or more specifically, to your curly brace positioning?
That's pure Allman style, and as much as I like Eric, his husband and
his sister... the brace style he brought to the world is really
terrible. Way too much wasted vertical space...

I used this as an excuse to tweak my little automated whitespace /
coding style tool a little more and run it over mainwindow.cpp (the file
which you treated to so much extra vertical spread).

I kinda like the result. Not perfect, but a HUGE improvement.

Again, I'd love to hear what others think.