Add main menu recent files

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Fri Feb 14 06:35:05 UTC 2014

On Feb 14, 2014, at 3:33 AM, Boris Barbulovski <bbarbulovski at gmail.com> wrote:
> Speaking of future improvement. What happened to your indentation
> settings? Or more specifically, to your curly brace positioning?
> That's pure Allman style, and as much as I like Eric, his husband and
> his sister... the brace style he brought to the world is really
> terrible. Way too much wasted vertical space...
>

> Ahh, sorry for that. As I write other Qt software with Allman style, I forgot to change my coding style.

No worries - that’s what I guessed had happened which is why I asked about your settings :-)
And this gave me a great excuse to play more with the automated tool, fix a couple of oversights
and use it on a first Subsurface file.

> I used this as an excuse to tweak my little automated whitespace /
> coding style tool a little more and run it over mainwindow.cpp (the file
> which you treated to so much extra vertical spread).
>
> I kinda like the result. Not perfect, but a HUGE improvement.
>
> Again, I'd love to hear what others think.

Still true - but I guess not many people have clang-format installed.
It’s not included on Macs (for heck knows what reason) and none of
the Linux distros include clang/llvm by default (which is also a shame).