Hilfe Import Computerdatan

Jef Driesen jef at libdivecomputer.org
Sun Feb 16 12:55:14 UTC 2014

On 16-02-14 17:45, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
> After some googling (should have done that before the first response) I
> see that apparently the older MemoMouse does indeed have an RS232 serial
> cable. Do you have a Mac with such a serial port? Apple hasn't made
> those in more than a decade... or how are you connecting the MemoMouse
> to your Mac?

I assume a simple usb-serial converter should work. After all the majority of
dive computer interfaces are using them too. They are just hidden inside the cable.

It's not really clear to me what Michael's problem is. The serial cable,
downloading dives with subsurface, or something else.

The memomouse is a strange device. You need to connect the Uwatec dive computer
to the memomouse first, and from the dive computer initiate a transfer to the
memoumouse. Afterwards, with the dive computer still connected, the host pc can
start downloading the dives from the memomouse.

I believe one of the reasons behind that, is that the memomouse is capable of
storing data from multiple dive computers. So you need to transfer the data from
the dive computer first, such that the memouse knows for which device it should
send all the dives (which may be more than the ones just downloaded from the
connected dive computer).

Jef