Create backup file when writing new xml file?

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Sun Feb 16 17:28:28 UTC 2014

Em dom 16 fev 2014, às 14:21:58, Dirk Hohndel escreveu:
> > As mentioned, I don't even know if this is really the direction we
> > want to go in.
>
> I will take the patch as is and ask the Windows expert (Lubomir) and the
> Qt export (Thiago) to see if there is something we should do
> differently.

Well, we added a class Qt 5 to do exactly that. It's called QSaveFile and it's
supposed to deal with Windows problems too. I realise that it doesn't back up
the existing file when committing the new one, but it's a feature we can add
easily.

      PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
      E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358