latest master

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Tue Feb 18 16:16:10 UTC 2014

On Feb 18, 2014, at 3:47 PM, Tomaz Canabrava <tcanabrava at kde.org> wrote:

> dirk, can you test the patch? I couldn`t really understand why it crashed if not static, since we should always have that object.
> saing that - the correct way to handle that should be from the Settings, no?

The patch does indeed fix things - and I am extremely curious to understand WHY.

> QSettings s;
> s.value("lastUsedImageDirectory").toString() or something

I’ll be happy to look at different implementations, but having spent way too much
time trying to track this one down, I really want to know why it caused the crash
in the first place.

It clearly overwrote private data in the MainWindow object (in the case that I can
reliably reproduce the ui member of the MainWindow object suddenly contained
invalid data).