Fwd: Any CCR divers on this list?

Rodrigo Severo rodrigo at fabricadeideias.com
Thu Feb 20 05:04:43 UTC 2014

On Thu, Feb 20, 2014 at 8:11 AM, Jan Birk <jan.g.birk at gmail.com> wrote:

> Den 19-02-2014 16:23, Dirk Hohndel skrev:
>
>  What changes would make Subsurface more useful for you.
>>

> Some easy pickings could be an extra TAB (CCR) holding some CCR stuff;
>
> *) (Sofno) Lime Change; DATETIME

Great idea.

> *) Battery Change; DATETIME

There are CCRs with 2 batteries (2 computers). I would bet that most of
them but I'm really not sure about this.

> And in the DIVE INFO TAB, show the dive runtime (HH:MM) since Lime and
> battery change.
>

> Requires a little more thinking;
>
> SetPoints
>
> I use a Heinrichs Weikamp OSTC 2N. When I upload the dives to SubSurface
> and don't get info about SetPoints. If we can get info out (???) that will
> be good. As an alternative I might manually add SetPointChange  in the same
> manner as the right-click 'add gas change'...

AFAIK the HammerHeads Rev C and D don't have a download log function so
there isn't the possibility of getting the set points from them. I believe
manually creating SetPointsChange events is a great way to got.

> GFlow/GFhigh
>
> I am not sure where the GF is coming from but it seems that it takes the
> one from the preferences and not the ones from the computer - if it is
> possible at all?

The main point is: do computers provide this info? If they do, I believe it
would be great to use it.

> Equipment
>
> In the "preference -> Standard -> tank" We are always (except semiclosed
> RBs) min. 2 tanks and normal min. 1 bailout tank. Maybe the Standard could
> be a "set".

I believe that Subsurface should simply support more than one cylinder in
use at the same time. I'm implementing this. The main idea is to define the
concept of cylinder usage type, *OC* being the default to not complicate
things for Rec divers.

Other usage types would by *CCR Oxygen*, *CCR Diluent* and *Dry suit/wing
source*. For completeness there could be also a *Bailout* usage type but
it's behaviour would be exactly the same as *OC* so I'm not sure it's
really necessary. And there would be also a *Not in use* usage type also.

>From the usage types two things would be defined:

   1. Which other usage types would also be allowed at the same time and
   2. How to interpolate gas expenditure.

OC:

   1. No other OC allowed at the same time. No CCR Oxygen, CCR Diluent or
   Bailout allowed at the same time;
   2. Current interpolation method

CCR Oxygen:

   1. No OC cylinder or Bailout. No other CCR Oxygen. One CCR Diluent
   allowed at the same time.
   2. Current interpolation method

CCR Diluent:

   1. No OC or Bailout allowed at the same time.. No other CCR Diluent. One
   CCR Oxygen.
   2. For interpolation consider that gas is used only when going deeper.
   No gas is expended during ascends or when maintaining depth. Apart from
   this, interpolate gas expenditure just as it's interpolated for OC.

Dry suit/wing:

   1. Can always be set. Doesn't interact with other cylinder usages. There
   can be more than one at the same time.
   2. For interpolation consider that gas is used only when going deeper.
   No gas is expended during ascends or when maintaining depth. Apart from
   this, interpolate gas expenditure just as it's interpolated for OC.

Bailout:

   1. No other Bailout allowed at the same time. No CCR Oxygen, CCR Diluent
   or OC allowed at the same time;
   2. Current interpolation method.

When I say "not allowed at the same time" I mean that if you set, for
example, a cylinder change event with a cylinder as *Bailout* usage at
certain time, from that point on previous *CCR Diluent* and *CCR
Oxygen*cylinders changed to *Not
in use*. Or if you set other cylinder as *OC*, the previous one goes to *Not
in use*. As already mentioned, the default usage type would be *OC* so for
this last example, the user wouldn't have to actually set the usage type,
just change the cylinder as is done now.

I hope I made my ideas clear.

Regards,

Rodrigo Severo

--

*Rodrigo Severo* | DIRETOR DE TECNOLOGIA
Tel. *+55 61 3030-1515*

fabricadeideias.com <http://www.fabricadeideias.com/>
12 ANOS DE TECNOLOGIA E COMUNICAÇÃO
NUMA COMBINAÇÃO PERFEITA