GSoC 2014 Ideas

Lubomir I. Ivanov neolit123 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 25 01:36:11 UTC 2014

On 25 February 2014 04:39, Alberto Corona <albcoron at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, I plan on entering the GSoC program, and hopefully work on one of the
> listed ideas. Integrating minizip sounds like something right up my ally as
> most of my personal projects are primarily written in C and C++. I also of
> course do my version control with git. Is there someway I could get in
> contact with the mentor for this idea or should I wait for the student
> proposals to open up?

hello,

i know that the minizip idea is tempting and i can dump all the
details here if you wish to participate.
one requirement that was implied but not listed (as i just added it)
is that the contributor will have to build for Windows and test the
build there, as this is the problematic platform.

like Dirk said, it would be best if you send a couple of trivial
patches at first, which technically means that you are able to build
the project.
instructions can be found in the files INSTALL and CodingStyle.

lubomir