The Subsurface banner

Willem Ferguson willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za
Wed Feb 26 03:43:40 PST 2014

If a dive log is not opened automatically, a Subsurface banner appears
in the dive profile panel. While I think this really contributes to the
colourfulness and personality of the software, most of the text is
totally unreadable because of the small font, even on my 2000*1500
screen. This could provoke a negative impression of that part of the UI.

I think a more sustainable option would be to display only the diver
figure with the name Subsurface (at most with a version number, but that
would mean updates later on). I think the (unreadable) current text on
the banner probably forms a good first paragraph for the Subsurface user
manual.
Kind regards,
willemf