How to run the subsurface software on linux

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Fri Feb 28 13:56:38 PST 2014

On Sat, 2014-03-01 at 01:58 +0530, DEEPAK SURANA wrote:
> Myself Deepak,I am a second year Bachelor's Degree student.
>
> I talked with Tomaz at irc about contributing to subsurface.He told me
> to first build it and find some bugs and so on.
>
> I had build it by executing the commands written on Building
> Documentation.
>
> and also executed those git clone commands.
>

> As I am new to these ,will you tell me how to open all the source code
> in QT so that after compiling I can run the software and use it to get
> familiar. (and yes , i know it is a silly question).

I must admit that I am somewhat surprised and worried about your
questions...

Have you built and run open source software before?
Do you have any experience writing C or C++ code?

GSoC is to teach students how to work on open source projects. It is not
a "learning to write software" program - the assumption is that you have
some required basic skills in the area of software development.