Subsurface v4 tutorial video finished

Lutz Vieweg lvml at 5t9.de
Wed Jan 1 16:52:12 UTC 2014

On 01/01/2014 08:09 PM, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
>>> You have login credentials to my server - would you mind setting this up
>>> yourself?

Ok, it's done. I tested compatibility with Firefox, rekonq, kazehakase,
lynx, w3m and dillo under Linux, and "Internet", Chrome and Firefox on
an Samsung Android device, and they all worked to the extent of their specs.
(I could not test the Flash version, since I have tainted none of my
devices with that security hole. Notice that the flash player will only
be tried if the browser does not support the HTML5 video tag - a very
reasonable approach, I think.)

The HTML5-stuff wasn't really difficult, I had more issues convincing
Wordpress that I actually intended to enter raw HTML code, and not have
Wordpress damage it by "post processing". Actually, you cannot really
use the "preview" function of wordpress for the video tutorial page,
because Wordpress does ugly things to the HTML code, then.

One thing that seems to differ in the reality of browsers in comparison
to the HTML5 reference documentation is that the browsers seem to size
the video player with some arbitrary heuristic of their own, they seem
to completely ignore the "width" and "height" attributes of the <video>
tag.

Regards,

Lutz Vieweg