Fix imperial cylinder sizes in equipment tab

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Fri Jan 3 09:19:09 UTC 2014

On Fri, Jan 3, 2014 at 9:04 AM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:

> If it makes our code better, I'm all for it.

C++11 certainly has some improvements. This is likely the only one
that we'd notice, though. The rest are for things I don't think we'd
care about in subsurface (template improvements, threading memory
models etc).

I have no idea what flags to use for the other compilers. For gcc,
it's "-std=c++11".

And then you could just change the "unsigned int mbar" to "pressure_t
pressure" in the function declaration/definition and do the obvious
fixes to the uses of that argument.

            Linus

PS Pet peeve fix: they finally fixed NULL, although most compilers had
long done that. But Christ, it took them a *loong* time, that was one
of my earliest "C++ designers are f*cking idiots" moments. There was
possibly a lot of ego involved, where nobody wanted to admit just how
*FUCKING* *STUPID* they had been about NULL earlier. There are no
words sufficient to state the idiocy of NULL in C++ before. Not even
in Finnish. The fact that C++ people tried to make *excuses* for the
stupidity for _years_ is just sickening.