support for images per dive

Lubomir I. Ivanov neolit123 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 6 05:04:11 UTC 2014

On 6 January 2014 14:55, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
> On Sun, 2014-01-05 at 17:09 +0200, Lubomir I. Ivanov wrote:
>> >
>> > A solution might be to store an URI per image. Then the file could be in the
>> > local file system for fast access or on the web (flickr, picasa or some
>> > other album) and would be available wherever the xml is opened as long as
>> > there is internet.
>> >

>> i like the URI idea a lot, this will support images from anywhere.
>> and perhaps this should be our initial goal.
>
> That certainly would be much easier as a first step
>
> What's the vision how these images would be displayed?
>
> A little camera icon (instead of the flag / triangle) and when the user
> clicks this the picture is shown in an overlay?

tomaz was against showing them anywhere but the profile, i think.
his vision is that no overlays and pop-up windows should be shown.

as i understood he's now planning to move the statistics in the profile as well.
not sure if you have discussed that.

> For this to be useful (at least to me) it would have to have the ability
> to look at a folder (thinking about local images at this point) or
> something similar from a web service and then match image times with
> dive times (and if you can't keep your clocks in sync... too bad, go
> away).
>
>> over IRC last night there was also a discussion about an 'image pool'
>> of sorts per dive.
>> the 'image pool' would contain all images and we can maintain them
>> with a dialog of sorts add/view/delete/use on profile.
>> now the 'use on profile' idea is to have icons on the profile, that
>> when perhaps clicked will show the image somewhere.
>> we can possibly use EXIF info to gather time and date and place these
>> image icons on the profile.
>> but if EXIF says this image is before or after the dive, we can still
>> have it for this dive, but not on the profile...something in these
>> lins.
>
> I don't think I really understand what the image pool does... is this
> what I tried to describe above with the folder and the time matching?
>
> I think before we start implementing any of this we really need to
> figure out the final vision of what the user experience should be.

pretty much the pool is like a folder, but it can contain photos from
different folders (URI).
i call it a pool because it can contain photos that were made during
the dive window, or perhaps outside of it (e.g. on boat).

this one is more of a real diver discussion topic, so not really for
me, for the time being.

lubomir