support for images per dive

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Mon Jan 6 12:47:15 UTC 2014

On Mon, 2014-01-06 at 16:32 +0100, Thomas Maisl (mobile) wrote:
> Which is the moment to bring my suggestion trac #165 into mind again.
>
> Regarding date of gps records - that will generally be in UTC, not local time. So there will be most of the time an offset necessary.
> I do have a gps record from a dive tour which was a day off for the first minutes of the track.

Patches are welcome. Or you need to convince one of the developers that
they really want to work on this.

My guess at this point is that the total set of users interested in this
feature is about one.

> "Robert C. Helling" <helling at atdotde.de> schrieb:
> >

> >Which brings me to mention another idea: Use images as sources for GPS
> >coordinates like we use the android helper: Many cameras and pretty
> >much all smart phones record gps coordinates together with time in exif
> >tags. So taking a picture on the boat at the dive site could be a
> >source of coordinates for that dive as well.

I'll give almost the same answer as above - except that I'll admit that
it's likely that the user number is bigger here :-)