Tank pressure plots for CCRs

Rodrigo Severo rodrigo at fabricadeideias.com
Mon Jan 6 13:27:35 UTC 2014

Hi,

I'm trying to understand how to better show tank pressure plots for CCRdives.

First let me present a few important facts about CCRs for the uninitiated:

   - CCRs use 2 tanks simultaneously: one called the diluent (usually air
   but can be some trimix) and the other with oxygen;
   - the usage pattern of these tanks differ greatly from the open circuit (
   OC) usage pattern already supported by Subsurface and also one from the
   other.

With this in mind I would like to suggest that Subsurface be extended to:

   1. support multiple tank plots at the same time;
   2. support different usage patterns besides the current OC one.

Item 2 is really simple as a switch inside pressure_time function and an
optional extra step on "Add Gas change" add event menu does the trick.

Item 1 isn't so simple as I believe any change to implement it will affect
lots of code inside profile.c but it seems to me more as lots-of-work, not
really-hard-work.

Implementing item 1 could also have the positive side effect of fixing the
gaps that consecutive tank pressure plots for the same tank present. The
last pressure of a tank pressure line is always higher than the first
pressure of the next line for the same tank. They should be exactly the
same. These gaps exist now with the current code and also with my yet not
approved nor refused patch "Discontinuity and stall on tank pressure
interpolated lines". I would never suggest that a change so big as item 1
implies be done just because of these gaps but I think it would be great to
fix this too.

Ideas? Suggestions? Comments? Critiques?

Rodrigo Severo

--

*Rodrigo Severo* | DIRETOR DE TECNOLOGIA
Tel. *+55 61 3030-1515*

fabricadeideias.com <http://www.fabricadeideias.com/>
12 ANOS DE TECNOLOGIA E COMUNICAÇÃO
NUMA COMBINAÇÃO PERFEITA