support for images per dive

Lubomir I. Ivanov neolit123 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 7 03:48:36 UTC 2014

On 6 January 2014 15:44, Robert C. Helling <helling at atdotde.de> wrote:

> On 06 Jan 2014, at 13:55, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 2014-01-05 at 17:09 +0200, Lubomir I. Ivanov wrote:
>>>
>>> i like the URI idea a lot, this will support images from anywhere.
>>> and perhaps this should be our initial goal.
>
> We should just make sure that there is a way to have relative paths (as I might have my pictures in ${HOME}/Dropbox/Images/subsurface” but ${HOME} might depend on which computer I am).
>>
>> That certainly would be much easier as a first step
>>
>> What's the vision how these images would be displayed?
>
> I see three (non-exclusive) possibilities: As thumbnails in the profile (or the info box when pointing to an image event), as an “all images for this dive” album type window or the the map (as marble supports pixmaps iirc).

i like the idea of an image viewer type of window and camera icons in
the profile.
but i'm slightly against doing anything further with marble. :\

clicking on the profile icons will trigger the window showing a
particular picture with some data on the side like time and depth.

actually here is a quick mockup:
http://imgur.com/HgoEJGD

the same window could be invoked from another location e.g. the "View" menu.
in a case when an image is missing from disk (or web, but the web
integration is more complicated), we could show on the right "image
not found" and the user will be able to change the URI at any time or
add or delete images with the buttons bellow.

just some ideas...

lubomir