Tank pressure plots for CCRs

"Paul-Erik Törrönen" poltsi at 777-team.org
Tue Jan 7 04:52:04 UTC 2014

>    - CCRs use 2 tanks simultaneously: one called the diluent (usually air
>    but can be some trimix) and the other with oxygen;
>    - the usage pattern of these tanks differ greatly from the open circuit
> (
>    OC) usage pattern already supported by Subsurface and also one from the
>    other.

Obligatory disclaimer: I have not looked at the code, how it currently
handles the (I presume) sequential gas usage so what I type below this may
very well be merely due to my ignorance.

That said, couldn't this be in principle be handled by allowing for
several parallel gas lines?

In OC the most common case is 1 line, with one tank. A more complicated
case is 1 line with two or more gases (deco), and a third one is 2 lines,
one for the breathing gas, the second for the suit gas (argon?).

So in a similar way, for CCR, you would have 2 breathing gas lines, where
a more complicated case would be with offboard tanks, and then of course a
third one for the suit gas.

So the gas line would be an added abstraction above the actual gas. The
bonus would be that you could keep tab on any gas consumption (such as the
argon) too.

Otherwise I would be happy if there was just a possibility to mark a dive
as CCR, and then have a separate time counter for them, since in CCR mode
you are more interested in the hours, not the amount of dives.

And since I seem to be on a wishing spree, a separate counter for
cave-diving too, where you can feed the amount of cave time which usually
is only part of the total dive time.

Poltsi

PS. I really appreciate the amount of work you put into this software
which I like very much. If any of you happen to be in the vicinity of
Helsinki, then I would be more than happy to take you for a dive or 2
either at the sea of some inland lake.

--
Paul-Erik Törrönen   "When science and the Bible differ,
poltsi at 777-team.org   science has obviously misinterpreted