dirk at hohndel.org
Wed Jan 8 04:17:46 UTC 2014
On Wed, 2014-01-08 at 14:16 +0200, Lubomir I. Ivanov wrote:
> > just to be sure I've understood you two correctly, you agreed to bundle
> > zlib's minizip. If that's true, I sink it shouldn't be to hard to let
> > qmake decide which one to use, the bundled version statically linked or
> > the system one linked dynamically (e.g. if pkg-config file is found).
> > this should also make the distros happy which ship zlib's minizip and
> > have the 'don't bundle libs if ever possible policy'.
> i think i wouldn't mind that if it's possible to convince qmake.
> but there could be API changes between our bundled minizip and the distro one,
> which is definitely an issue and is more work for us. :\
No, I have no interest in dealing with whatever the distros might decide
to ship. That's why I am saying that we absorb this into our sources and
simply link it into our binary.
More information about the subsurface