Subsurface crashes on launch in OS Mavericks

Robert C. Helling helling at atdotde.de
Sat Jan 11 12:17:39 UTC 2014

On 11 Jan 2014, at 19:58, Medical Corner <medicorner at yahoo.it> wrote:

> Hi, I started to use Subsurface from version 4.0 on my MacBook Pro (2:53 Ghzprocessor Intel Core 2 Duo, Memory 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3) on which there is theMavericks OS 10.9.1. Everything went well. Since I upgraded to version 4.01 and 4.02the software crashes on launch. I enclose the report. Sorry but I'm not a computer expert. I tried to uninstall and reinstall the software without success. Any advice please.
> Alberto

Alberto,

I have to confirm that I have the same problem, it dies with “Illegal instruction 4” before anything happens (like opening a window as we would have it with a marble problem.

I don’t have the same problem with what I build myself from the 4.0.2 sources.

Unfortunately, I think Dirk, who builds the .dmg’s is currently travelling and off-line and I myself don’t have resources to build a dmg. What you could do is to go to

http://subsurface.hohndel.org/downloads/

and download the 4.0.0 again for the time being.

Another thing to try (I don’t know if that works and is portable), but I uploaded my own build to my server as

http://euve10195.vserver.de/~robert/subsurface.tgz

That is not a dog but a tar-ball. You could try to download and unpack it.

Best
Robert

                      Scientific Coordinator
print "Just another   Phone: +49 89 2180-4523  Theresienstr. 39, rm. B339
    stupid .sig\n";   http://www.atdotde.de