Subsurface crashes on launch in OS Mavericks

Lubomir I. Ivanov neolit123 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 12 05:45:49 UTC 2014

On 12 January 2014 05:24, Thiago Macieira <thiago at macieira.org> wrote:
> If I disassemble 258628 (0x3f244) bytes from the beginning, I see:
> __ZN14QDesktopWidgetD1Ev:
> 000000000003f240        pushq   %rbp
> 000000000003f241        movq    %rsp, %rbp
> 000000000003f244        popq    %rbp
> 000000000003f245        jmpq    __ZN7QWidgetD2Ev
> 000000000003f24a        nopw    (%rax,%rax)

this code looks a bit strange, but that's possibly due to gcc -O0.

while pushing the base pointer on the stack and then storing the stack
pointer into the base pointer (assuming AT&T syntax) is fine, then
poping it without modifying the rsp would mean that there are no
arguments to the class constructor(?). still doesn't seem like an
issue.
on the other hand that nopw looks like a jump alignment that GAS does
which is done with optimization in mind and that contradicts a bit
with the previous 3 instructions.

is it possible that this is a bad disassembly or the cause is somewhere else?

lubomir