A quite wierd but intresting screenshot...

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Tue Jan 14 15:19:32 UTC 2014

On Wed, 2014-01-15 at 00:02 +0100, Anton Lundin wrote:
> On 15 January, 2014 - Dirk Hohndel wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 2014-01-14 at 21:20 +0100, Anton Lundin wrote:
> > > Played around with Qt5 today and managed to produce this.
> > >
> > > Looks like crap but its a quite nice proof of concept.
> >
> > That's on Android? Wow. Oh, and you seem to have some serious deco on
> > that dive...
> >

> Yepp, its on android with libdivecomputer and all of the rest of our
> dependencies except marble.
>
> Qt5 on android doesn't have printing and webkit currently so i killed
> off marble, user-manual and printing, but thats about it.

Of course not having the map on Android would be rather sad, but my
guess is that it would be relatively easy to use the existing map
service to provide that. Something like "long press on a dive shows
context menu" and map link in context menu?

> I'm going to tidy up those quite ugly hacks and post some docs about
> what i did here.

I really want this at least in a branch or - if it can be done truly
cleanly - even in master. This is one of the things that excited me when
I started talking about the potential move to Qt more than a year ago.
It was always one of those "at some point, in the future" ideas. I'm
thrilled to see how close we are.

> Its not really usable at this point. The profile works quite well, but
> the rest of the ui is mostly unusable. But its a start =)

Of course. There's a lot more work needed for this to be useful - but
it's exciting how far you are already.