Coding style and white space

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Wed Jan 15 21:01:56 UTC 2014

I made yet another absolutely futile attempt to clean up the coding
style and whitespace to be more consistent. I realize that I'm fighting
windmills here, but what the heck.

I even added a CodingStyle file - for what little good that will do.

Some of you (not naming names) clearly have IDEs set up to do things
like "four space indent" and some of you love typing things like

if(condition){
	do_something();
	do_second_thing();
}
else
	do_something_else();

Please. People.

This isn't hard. And it REALLY helps your eyes when looking for patterns
and browsing through code if it is all consistent.

if (condition) {
	do_something();
	do_second_thing();
} else {
	do_something_else();
}

And just in case there is any confusion about this. Linus is GOD and I'm
his sheriff in this town... so this coding style is the law and anyone
against it will be shot.

But since GOD is in a generous mood some times, we usually just flame
people (and discarding the bodies that are piling up really gets too
much work over time... and it wrecks havoc with retention of the
talent...)

Anyway. Please. Do it for the children.