make sure scene exists

Robert C. Helling helling at atdotde.de
Fri Jan 17 22:21:53 UTC 2014

On 17 Jan 2014, at 23:40, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:

> I'm puzzled about the patch. You test for object->scene() to exist, but
> then in side the if-clause scene() is dereferenced
>
> Is that intentional?

Maybe I totally don’t get what is going on. But I was getting errors from scene()->removeItem(xxx) that
scene != xxxItem->scene() as the latter was null.

I was under the impression that this caused some of the crashes I was observing.

But I have to admit that the crashing I am seeing is not 100% predictable as it occurs in only 50% of the runs or it occurs at different times (at startup vs when selecting the new profile). Maybe that tricked me into the impression that this patch helped in any way. It was late at night.

Best
Robert

                      Scientific Coordinator
print "Just another   Phone: +49 89 2180-4523  Theresienstr. 39, rm. B339
    stupid .sig\n";   http://www.atdotde.de