Priorities for a non-programmer

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Wed Jan 22 08:16:32 UTC 2014

On Wed, 2014-01-22 at 15:15 +0000, Pedro Neves wrote:
> Hi all:
>
> I was wondering how can I contribute to the Subsurface project,
> besides coding...
> Which areas need attention? Is the manual still a priority? If so,
> which sections?

The manual ALWAYS can be improved. Read it cover to cover. What's
missing? Where is it inconsistent? Where could it benefit from more
examples?

Of course, lots and lots of testing helps us. Also, triaging of bugs
that are filed on trac.hohndel.org. Some could EASILY be handled by
others than the core developers (things like bug #428 or bugs that have
recently been fixed and are being reported again - also, for many bugs
we always ask the same questions, so I'm sure someone could pick up
those patterns).

I would love for someone to help maintaining the web site.

We could do a lot more "marketing" - post things to the website, Google+
and Facebook. Help get articles written, etc.

There are LOTS of things a non-programmer could do.