Some help on the create_profile_info

Tomaz Canabrava tcanabrava at kde.org
Sat Jan 25 06:25:55 UTC 2014

Hey,

So, the main idea of the new profile is that we don't should need to redo
every calculation when something changes, for instance, when the settings
for the 'show pp gas' changes, things need to be recalculated - but nothing
really changed, we just wanted to see the pp gas. this is in my opnion a
waste of cycles and this makes things not very smooth on animations (
there's a bit of hung if an anim is playing. ).

Specifically for the partial gas pressures, there's three, if any of the
visibility settings for any of it changes, things get recalculated.

I'd ask a bit of help to break that in a way that this won't get
reclculated at all ( ie. precalcule it for all of the gases ) and if the
settting for a particular pp graph is set to visible, we call it's
item->show() on the new profile.

I think that separating those functions to only be called when needed are a
good improvement.

Tomaz