new DMG for 4.0.2

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sat Jan 25 16:35:07 UTC 2014

On Sat, 2014-01-25 at 16:10 -0800, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> On sábado, 25 de janeiro de 2014 15:38:29, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
> > Strangely, the 4.8.6 pre-release that SHOULD have fixed this didn't. But
> > cherry-picking the changes to get Subsurface to build with 5.2 gave me a
> > working DMG and that seemed good enough.
>
> What issue? I can try and confirm what happened to the fix and get 4.8.6 fixed.

On some 10.9.1 machines (and I cannot explain what makes the difference)
Subsurface crashes early in Qt initialization. There are a couple of
stack traces in bug #425 but I can easily reproduce this here on my iMac
(but not on my rrMBP). Interestingly Robert sees it on his MBP but NOT
on his iMac.
It may be that it works on newer machines and not on older ones (both
for Robert and me the working machine is the newer one).