Trying to use Subsurface

Jef Driesen jef at libdivecomputer.org
Sun Jan 26 00:41:44 UTC 2014

Glenn,

Don't forget to CC the mailinglist when replying (or use reply all).

 >> I selected Pro Plus 2.1 but I had to select "Force download of all dives"
 >> and "Save libdivecomputer log file" in order to see the dive data on the
 >> screen. Initially, 2 previous attempts displayed a connection and a
 >> download occurring but nothing showing in the dive windows!?

I assume you already have some dives in your logbook? If the dives in your
logbook are more recent than the ones you try to download, subsurface will
assume there are no new dives. In that case you need the "Force download of all
dives" option.

 >> For some reason the dates of my dives are mixed up. 7 of the 15 dives show
 >> dates April 2014 to November 2014 - that is in the future. This same error
 >> did show in the Oceanic log program, so I will investigate the setup of my
 >> dive computer and see if there is something amiss there particularly with
 >> the year setting and let you know.

This might be a bug in the libdivecomputer parser, but if Oceanlog shows the
same dates, then those wrong dates are likely stored incorrectly on the dive
computer, and the problem is not the parsing. Maybe you did a few dives with the
year set to 2014? (If you do see a difference with Oceanlog, then that is more
likely a parser bug.)

 >> Is there a cost for your program?

Subsurface and libdivecomputer (the library used by subsurface for downloading
dives from dive computer) are all open source.

 > Is it possible to re-number the dives as I did some dives overseas without
 > my dive computer and would like to enter them in the right sequence.

Yes, there is a option for re-numbering dives:

http://subsurface.hohndel.org/documentation/subsurface-4-0-user-manual-2/#S_Renumber

Jef