libdivecomputer does not return water temperature for uwatec aladin pro

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sun Jan 26 07:07:23 UTC 2014

On Sun, 2014-01-26 at 09:52 +0100, Jef Driesen wrote:
> On 25-01-14 14:15, vavincavent wrote:
> > I have try an other time to extract temperature from aladin pro.
> > I've clone libdivecomputer :
> >
> > $ git clone git://git.libdivecomputer.org/libdivecomputer
> > $ cd libdivecomputer
> > $ git checkout release-0.4
> > $ autoreconf --install
> > $ ./configure --disable-shared
> > $ make
> > $ sudo make install
> >
> > I've clone subsurface :
> >
> > $ git clone git://subsurface.hohndel.org/subsurface.git
> > $ cd subsurface
> > $ qmake
> > $ make
> > $ sudo make install
> >
> > And the result is :
>  >
> > [screenshot omitted]
> >
> > anything about temperature...
> > watec Aladin Pro register the minimal temperature for a dive.
>
> As I explained in my previous email. Parsing the temperature in the dive header
> isn't supported yet. That's something on my todo list. Currently only
> temperature in the sample data is parsed, but your dive computer doesn't record
> that.

But it's something that a motivated developer could add on the
Subsurface side, isn't it? You do give us access to the raw data which
we can use to extend things. We already do that for the tank information
stored in the header by the Atomics Aquatics Cobalt...

Look at libdivecomputer.c get_tanksize() if you are interested to go
that route, vavincavent