Subsurface crashes on launch in OS Mavericks

Thiago Macieira thiago at macieira.org
Sun Jan 26 14:53:09 UTC 2014

On domingo, 26 de janeiro de 2014 14:34:24, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
> My current working guess is that somehow my changes to get Qt to compile
> in a backward compatible fashion (so things run on 10.5 and later)
> magically caused it to compile in AVX instructions (which makes no sense
> whatsoever) and that oddly that code path is ONLY used on 10.9.

I don't think it's related at all to Mavericks. It's just a wrong conclusion
due to small sample size: everyone who's got the crash so far has Mavericks.
The code you showed me on the pastebin would be run for everyone as soon as
QtGui is loaded into memory, regardless of OS.

      PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
      E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358