no dives are shown in the Dive List

Dazed_75 lthielster at gmail.com
Mon Jan 27 17:51:04 UTC 2014

Personally I think keeping the raw data around is a wonderful idea. It does
NOT need to be kept long term by SubSurface as long as SubSurface keeps it
long enough for it to be separately archived (e.g. for each trip or some
other grouping).

On Mon, Jan 27, 2014 at 2:17 PM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:

> On Mon, 2014-01-27 at 20:26 +0100, Jef Driesen wrote:
> When I
> are
> silently
> the

> > > Which seems reasonable. If we can't parse it, we clearly can't add it.
> >
> > Depends. If there is one small parsing error that does not necessary
> mean you
> > didn't get any useful info? It's not always black and white. I also
> realize this
> > is tricky.
> >
> > This is one of the reasons why I recommend keeping the raw data around.
> Because
> > then you can re-parse the dive again when the bug is fixed, without
> having to
> > download again. If it's a nasty bug that takes a while to fix (or you
> dive very
> > often) then by the time the bug is fixed, those dives may already have
> been
> > pushed out of the dive computer's memory. If you still have the raw
> data, that's
> > not a problem.
>
> A great point in theory. The amount of effort to keep the data around...
> I don't know. Doesn't seem worth it.

> message
> this
> > >
> > > I'll fix that.
> >
> > I think this will already be a great improvement. Silent data loss is
> nasty and
> > confusing.
>
> Try the latest master. Not beautiful, but effective, I think.
>

> /D

Dazed_75 a.k.a. Larry

Please protect my address like I protect yours. When sending messages to
multiple recipients, use the BCC: (Blind carbon copy). Remove addresses
from a forwarded message body before clicking Send.