no dives are shown in the Dive List

Jef Driesen jefdriesen at telenet.be
Tue Jan 28 07:47:22 UTC 2014

On 2014-01-28 16:11, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
> I wonder... Didn't the header length change? If he now has the new
> firmware with the longer header, will the old dives be downloaded with
> the new or the old header?
>
> That could cause parsing errors...

Yes, there are two variants with a different length, but there is a
version number embedded in the header to figure out the correct length.
but the header looks correct to me. I didn't notice any problem there.
The problem is in the profile data. When parsing the section with the
sample divisors, the corresponding sample lengths are all wrong. For
example a temperature sample is supposed to be 2 byte long, but the
length stored in the data is 3 bytes. The libdivecomputer parser fails
there already, but if modify the code to accept 3 bytes, it just fails
at some later stage.

The fact that the ostc itself also has problems displaying these dives,
is for me a strong indication that there is a problem with the data
rather than the parser.

Jef