GUI stuff and Windows debugging

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Wed Jan 29 09:25:47 UTC 2014

On Wed, 2014-01-29 at 18:19 +0200, Miika Turkia wrote:
> Hello all,
>

> I have to tasks that I could use some help with.
>

> 1) According to our Grand Master, the CSV import dialogs are not nice
> enough, especially with high resolution - big font combination. This
> would need some tune-up by someone who understands GUI more than I do.

:-)
Qt is easy to learn. Ask Tomaz questions on IRC and he is usually
thrilled to help

> 2) Import from Suunto is not working properly on Windows. Bug #415 is
> mostly fixed (to my knowledge), but the water temperature is displayed
> as 0 on the dive notes. It works fine on my Linux, but seems to be
> incorrect on Windows.

That is very surprising. We use the same library to read / parse the
data. If there was a communication issue on Windows, that would be more
understandable, but then the whole import would fail. Having you one
data point not be parsed correctly??? That's very odd.

> When Importing the DM4.db.bak file to Subsurface, you might have to
> either rename the file or just type it in on the file name, as the
> extension bak is not recognized as dive log on the import...

I think we mention that in the manual. If not, could you add it?