GUI stuff and Windows debugging

Lubomir I. Ivanov neolit123 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 30 00:56:23 UTC 2014

On 30 January 2014 06:43, Miika Turkia <miika.turkia at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 29, 2014 at 7:25 PM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
>>

>> On Wed, 2014-01-29 at 18:19 +0200, Miika Turkia wrote:
>> > Hello all,
>> >

>> > I have to tasks that I could use some help with.
>> >

>> > 1) According to our Grand Master, the CSV import dialogs are not nice
>> > enough, especially with high resolution - big font combination. This
>> > would need some tune-up by someone who understands GUI more than I do.
>>
>> :-)
>> Qt is easy to learn. Ask Tomaz questions on IRC and he is usually
>> thrilled to help
>

> OK, I'll ping him when I have some time to tweak the UI.
>

>> > 2) Import from Suunto is not working properly on Windows. Bug #415 is
>> > mostly fixed (to my knowledge), but the water temperature is displayed
>> > as 0 on the dive notes. It works fine on my Linux, but seems to be
>> > incorrect on Windows.
>>
>> That is very surprising. We use the same library to read / parse the
>> data. If there was a communication issue on Windows, that would be more
>> understandable, but then the whole import would fail. Having you one
>> data point not be parsed correctly??? That's very odd.
>

> Yep, that is very surprising, and I have no idea where to look at to solve
> the issue. The XSLT parses the data properly on Linux. Do we have developer
> documentation how to look into stderr output on Windows? One could also
> verify if the output of the XSL transform is correct or not. I just have no
> devel tools for Windows...

if you have a 64bit windows box and you compare to a linux 64bit, then
possibly is a mingw thing or something that breaks the standard.
the only debug tool on windows that i use is "gdb".

but i also have "qmake CONFIG += console"
which makes subsurface a console application and you can see stderr/out.

lubomir