Trying to use Subsurface

Jef Driesen jef at libdivecomputer.org
Tue Jul 1 07:18:05 PDT 2014

On 2014-07-01 08:25, Glenn Drew wrote:
> Jef. I just tried the cable on 2 other usb ports on my laptop and the
> download worked successfully on the last one. I must remember this. I
> was
> not aware there was any difference in the ports.
> Thank you for your time.

In theory there shouldn't be a difference. But apparently there is a
difference for you.

Using a USB hub is the only problem that I'm aware of that sometimes
seems to cause trouble for downloading dive computer. I'm not sure why,
but I suspect that for timing sensitive protocols, the extra layer might
increase the latency too much.

> Can you suggest any help in downloading the latest version as requested
> in
> my previous email?

I don't have any good advice, other than trying to download again.

http://subsurface.hohndel.org/download/

Jef