Trying to use Subsurface

Anton Lundin glance at acc.umu.se
Tue Jul 1 13:02:21 PDT 2014

On 01 July, 2014 - Jef Driesen wrote:

> On 2014-07-01 08:25, Glenn Drew wrote:
> >Jef. I just tried the cable on 2 other usb ports on my laptop and the
> >download worked successfully on the last one. I must remember this. I was
> >not aware there was any difference in the ports.
> >Thank you for your time.
>
> In theory there shouldn't be a difference. But apparently there is a
> difference for you.
>
> Using a USB hub is the only problem that I'm aware of that sometimes seems
> to cause trouble for downloading dive computer. I'm not sure why, but I
> suspect that for timing sensitive protocols, the extra layer might increase
> the latency too much.

I've had weird transfers failures from my suunto vyper and ostc3 when my
MacBookPro8,2 bin running on batteries.

Another cause for all kinds of problems is software probing for modems,
cameras and other things when you plug in your cable. The ftdi-chips is
quite popular in all kinds of devices.

I have figured out that the best way to get my vyper working is to first
plug in the cable, then the computer, and finally put it in tr-pc mode.
If its in tr-pc mode when you connect the cable it doesn't want to talk
sometimes, and if you have it connected to the cable when you plug in
the cable, its a 99% failure rate.

//Anton

--
Anton Lundin	+46702-161604