Saving changes

Richard DePas richard.depas at gmail.com
Wed Jul 2 05:25:35 PDT 2014

One thing I have noticed if changes to a dive are saved differently
depending on what one is doing. If a dive is edited on the Dive Notes tab,
a Save/Cancel bar opens as soon as a field is clicked in (whether a change
is actually made or not). This is inconsistent with editing the Equipment
tab or saving photos or editing events on the dive graph such as removing
the gas change event at the beginning of the dive.

Personally I prefer to be prompted to save changes on exit or manually
click the File -> Save option as it seems to be in most commercially
offered programs.

Many times I go into a dive to grab the GPS location to add to another dive
at the same location. As soon as I click in the field to grab the
coordinates, I then need to click Cancel to exit that dive even though I
have not edited anything.

-Rich