#585 was: Quick update

Robert C. Helling helling at atdotde.de
Thu Jul 3 13:18:36 PDT 2014

On 03 Jul 2014, at 17:44, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:

> That is of course blatantly wrong. More coffee. But we test for dive==NULL
> a few lines before the snippet I posted

Now you confused me. The situation is the following: The current dive has divenr=1 and there is one further dive in the dive list (one of which the saturation should be taken into accout) and that has number 0.

So, before the while i=1. In the while condition, the first condition (i) is true. Then i is decremented to i=0 then it is tested again (as i) then the condition fails and the body of the while is not run. But that is wrong since it should be run with i=0 (to set last time accordingly).

I just realised there is another problem: The next while loop starts with ++i, so again the case i=0 is not taken care of (and the first dive in the dive list has no chance to be considered for pre-saturation).

In conclusion, I still maintain the first while should be

while (i>=0 && --i>=0)

Then, in my case, after the loop i=-1 and then after the ++i in the while i=0 is possible in the next loop.

Best
Robert

                      Scientific Coordinator
print "Just another   Phone: +49 89 2180-4523  Theresienstr. 39, rm. B339
    stupid .sig\n";   http://www.atdotde.de