Restore autofilling coordinates for added dives

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Thu Jul 3 16:28:54 PDT 2014

On Thu, Jul 03, 2014 at 01:19:13PM -1000, Gaetan Bisson wrote:

> Prior to commit 95cb4e, when a new dive was added with the same location
> name as a previous dive, the GPS coordinates for that new dive would be
> automatically set to that of the matching previous dive.
>
> I only recently noticed that this behavior changed with 95cb4e: now the
> GPS coordinates are left empty; is that on purpose? It was really quite
> handy for people who regularly dive the same sites like me to have their
> coordinates autofilled.

No that wasn't on purpose at all - the putpose is in the commit message,
I had a few scenarios where the detection of change went nuts.

> There have been significant changes to that part of the code since
> 95cb4e (early June), but I managed to replicate the old behavior with
> the attached patch. It's probably suboptimal since it duplicates code
> further down qt-ui/maintab.cpp that handles the case where multiple
> dives are modified at once. However I'm not familiar enough with the
> code base to know what the preferred way to implement this would be;
> instead I'm just submitting this patch as an RFC / bug report...

Those are my undisputed absolute favorite kinds of bug reports. The ones
that come with a patch :-)

OK, there is one type that I like even better. The ones that come with a
patch that has a commit message and a Signed-off-by: line :-)

Would you mind adding that?

Thanks