Transifex has moved to a closed-source model

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Fri Jul 4 06:32:26 PDT 2014

On Fri, Jul 04, 2014 at 10:18:26AM +0200, Pierre-Yves Chibon wrote:
> Good morning,
>
> I have learned the sad news yesterday, but it seems that transifex has moved to
> a closed source model.
> It was "announced"/discussed there:
> https://github.com/transifex/transifex/issues/206#issuecomment-15243207
>
> The question becomes then, do we want to reconsider its use?
> The follow-up question being, where to move?

TBH, it never mattered to me that in theory transifex was open source and
that I could have run my own instance. I really don't care. As long as
they continue to provide their service for free for open source projects
like Subsurface (without any impact on the result, i.e. no Google like
advertizing mixed in the result or crap like that), I see no reason to not
use them.