Restore autofilling coordinates for added dives

Miika Turkia miika.turkia at gmail.com
Tue Jul 8 09:12:56 PDT 2014

On Tue, Jul 8, 2014 at 10:52 AM, Gaetan Bisson <bisson at archlinux.org> wrote:

> [2014-07-07 21:13:03 -1000] Gaetan Bisson:
> > But somehow the loop at line 720 of qt-ui/maintab.cpp (after the comment
> > "if we have a location text and haven't edited the coordinates...") does
> > not work with a single dive.
>
> Alright, the attached patch seems to work. Would you mind confirming
> that it does? Please do test as many scenarios as you can: adding dives,
> emptying the coordinates field, modifying the location, etc.

This is a step to right direction. However, I have some issues that would
need a bit more work. There is no visual indication that the GPS position
is added before saving. (Once upon a time the GPS edit field was populated
after selecting the location, if there was matching GPS coordinates
available.)

If I have same location with GPS coordinates and without coordinates, then
the coordinates are not updated to new location. I am not sure whether the
current behavior is the correct way or not (as there can be multiple
locations with same name but different coordinates...e.g. coral garden is
in pretty much any tropical dive destination). Anyway, it would be cool if
one was presented an option to select the coordinates from a list, if
multiple different coordinates are available for same location.. but this
is after getting the basic functionality working if at all. (I would not
really benefit from this as I record more information of each locations
than just the divesite name.)

The GPS retrieval is not executed if I only re-type the dive location (e.g.
clear the location and type it again, and save only after the whole edit).
If I save after clearing and then type in the location, then the
coordinates are set correctly.

Typing in the location for new dive works properly, if all the similarly
named dive sites have the same coordinates.

miika