Seabear dive computer integration in subsurface

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Tue Jul 8 10:14:10 PDT 2014

On Tue, Jul 08, 2014 at 02:42:57PM +0200, Benjamin Kuch wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I’m embedded software developer at Seabear diving technology. Currently we
> have one dive computer on the market (Seabear HUDC). Three others will
> follow soon. We would like to be integrated in subsurface. All our devices
> have a mass storage mode in which the log data (.csv files) gets provided.
>
> What has to be done to get integrated in subsurface?

Most dive downloading from divecomputers is done via libdivecomputer. I'll
let Jef respond how he envisions something like this could be integrated.
The other DC that I'm aware of that uses a storage mode based interface
(the Uemis SDA) right now is integrated directly into Subsurface.

It depends a little bit on how exactly Seabear exposes the dive data to
give a better answer. What's the directory structure in that virtual
filesystem? How are the files named, what's the content?

Thanks