valgrind illegal instruction

Robert C. Helling helling at atdotde.de
Tue Jul 8 11:45:41 PDT 2014

On 07 Jul 2014, at 21:55, Thiago Macieira <thiago at macieira.org> wrote:

Hi,

> Valgrind also prints the bytes near the instruction pointer that caused the
> SIGILL, so we should be able to decode manually. And with the fault address,
> you should be able to find the instruction in the output of objdump -Cdr.

I think the most likely explanation is that valgrind does not like to run with Mac OSC Mavericks and its versions of clang and lldb. But see for yourself, here is its output when running subsurface:

http://euve10195.vserver.de/~robert/valgrind.run

Best
Robert

                      Scientific Coordinator
print "Just another   Phone: +49 89 2180-4523  Theresienstr. 39, rm. B339
    stupid .sig\n";   http://www.atdotde.de