"Always prefer downloaded dives" English and Italian translation

Davide DB dbdavide at gmail.com
Wed Jul 9 03:26:17 PDT 2014

Hi all,

While downloading I noticed this checkbox "Always prefer downloaded dives".
Actually in the Italian translation is "Preferisci sempre immersioni
scaricate".
I had to read the use manual to understand it's meaning.

If the checkbox Always prefer downloaded dives has been checked and, during
download, dives with identical date-times exist on the dive computer and on
the Subsurface Dive List panel, the record in the Subsurface divelog will
be overwritten by the record from the dive computer

At the beginning I thought it was just a weird translation but the English
version doesn't look better to me. English is not my mother tongue so I
don't discuss it but the Italian translation really means nothing.

"Sovrascrivi le immersioni del logbook" (Overwrite logbook dives)

or

"Precedenza alle immersioni scaricate" (Priority to downloaded dives)

would be better translation in Italian.

Is there some Italian guys here to exchange some opinion?

--
Davide