Downgrade

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Wed Jul 9 07:02:07 PDT 2014

On Wed, Jul 09, 2014 at 04:24:36PM +0300, Miika Turkia wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 9, 2014 at 4:20 PM, Davide DB <dbdavide at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Can I downgrade from 4.1.379 to official 4.1 without braking my logbook?
> > I just realized that some dives have correct bottle info saved but CAS and
> > gas used doesn't appear on the information panel.
> >

> Should work fine. Of course, when using development versions, you should
> keep a backup (or version control) of your log file. But I have not noticed
> any problems when mixing use of 4.1 and devel versions.

Picture support has changed (but Subsurface ignores tags it doesn't
understand). So if you stored pictures with the development version, you
won't see them in 4.1 and after storing the file again with 4.1 they will
be lost.

In general I can only stress what Miika said - make backups BEFORE using
development versions and have a close eye on changes to the XML file. We
have been known to seriously break things and to lose information in dive
files. We obviously try no to, but it does happen.